Gen.31v1-6: Now Jacob heard the words of Laban’s sons, saying, “Jacob has taken away all that was our father’s, and from what was our father’s he has acquired all this wealth”. And Jacob saw the countenance of Laban, and indeed it was not favourable toward him as before. Then the Lord said to Jacob, “return to the land of your fathers and to your family, and I will be with you”. So Jacob sent and called Rachel and Leah to the field, to his flock, and said to them, “I see your father’s countenance, that it is not favourable toward me as before; but the God of my father has been with me. And you know that with all my might I have served your father.
I am sure you are very much interested in succeeding at whatever you do. Interestingly, this is also God’s will for you. As we can see from the life of Joseph as a covenant child of God, he flourished in Egypt not minding the circumstances. This ought to be true concerning your life too because you even have a stronger and better covenant than that of Joseph (Heb.8v6). This is why I have been sharing with you the essential keys that you need in order to succeed in life and today by the special grace of God, I intend to share another powerful principle with you. So without much ado, let’s examine this key right away.
KEYS TO SUCCEEDING AT WHAT YOU DO:
3. The Appointed Time. Your succeeding is strongly connected to timing and timing is everything in life. To succeed, you need to seize the moment. Gideon seized the moment in Judges 7, that was why he recorded a major victory over the Midianites. The 4 lepers in 2Kings+ also understood the power of seizing the moment, that was why the Lord accomplished a major victory over the Syrians. My dear reader, this is why you need to be sensitive to the timing of your life. There are appointed times for certain things to happen (Ps.31v15) and you need to be vigilant. It has been discovered that:
– The Right Move at the Right Time leads to Success.
– The Right Move at the Wrong Time leads to Resistance.
– The Wrong Move at the Right Time leads to Rejection.
– The Wrong Move at the Wrong Time leads to Failure.
You can see why you need to pay attention to the seasons of life so that you won’t miss out on your Destiny. And if you won’t miss your timing in life you need to have:
– Discernment. Yes, this is vitally important to your timing. Your sensitivity in knowing what to do per time will determine your success in the affairs of life. So right now in Jesus name, may your discerning ability be strengthened and renewed (1Chro.12v32).
– Courage. You need guts in order to walk on the waters of life because if you have a chicken’s heart you won’t go far (Pro.28v13).
– Follow your convictions. If you follow your heart, you will never go wrong. So you need to watch out for what the Spirit is saying to you per time because this will be instrumental to your success in life.
So, my dear brothers and sisters, it’s time for you to begin to understand the timing and seasons of your life if you really want to make a success out of the business of living. I pray that today will usher you into a new season of lifting and Grace in Jesus name, amen.
Other Scriptural References: (Rom.8v14; Matt.14v28-30; Eph.5v16; Ps.105v17-19; Eccle.3v1, 11; Lk.1v20; Mk.1v15; Num.14v41-45; Matt.14v28-30).
Prayer for Today: Blessed Holy Spirit, help me never to miss out on my Appointed Times and Seasons in Jesus name, amen.
CONFESSION: My God makes everything beautiful in his Time. Therefore, I do not walk anyhow rather I walk according to the dictates and instructions of the Most High. Because my steps are ordered by Jehovah, I will never be stranded neither will I be put to shame in Jesus name, amen. Glory be to his holy name, for my discernment and sensitivity is getting better and stronger!
Yemi Adeoti is a pastor, teacher, life coach and mentor & also a prolific writer.