Gen.31v1-6: Now Jacob heard the words of Laban’s sons, saying, “Jacob has taken away all that was our father’s, and from what was our father’s he has acquired all this wealth”. And Jacob saw the countenance of Laban, and indeed it was not favourable toward him as before. Then the Lord said to Jacob, “return to the land of your fathers and to your family, and I will be with “I see your father’s countenance, that it is not favourable toward me as before; but the God of my father has been with me. And you know that with all my might I have served your father.
I believe that most people want to be successful at what they do and this is what this series of teachings are all about. I know that not everyone makes success at what they do but I want you to know that it’s actually possible to be successful at whatever you may be doing. This is what you see in manifestation in the life of Joseph while he was in Egypt. As you can see from our text scripture (Gen.39v1-6) he prospered not only in the house of Potiphar but also prospered even in Prison (Gen39v21-23) and he ultimately succeeded as Prime Minister over Egypt too. So as a general rule you need to know that it’s possible for you to succeed at whatever you are doing because:
– Success Principles are the same regardless of what you do. The principles of success are Universal in nature (Gen.8v22).
– God is no respecter of persons but a respecter of faith. If you can believe it, then God is committed to making it happen (Rom.10v12-13).
– If you are ready to commit to the Principles of Success. The truth of the matter is that success principles don’t work unless you work them, so are you ready to work them (Lk.9v62).
– Others like you have succeeded at what they are doing. So if they can succeed, it’s a testament to the fact that you too can succeed. So don’t count yourself out instead count yourself in (Rom.10v12).
So my dear brothers and sisters, you too can become successful at whatever you do, if you will imbibe the right kind of principles. So are you ready to play your part? Nothing works unless you work them!
And by the way, what does it mean to succeed? What is Succeeding actually?
Succeeding means to:
– To get to your expected destination in life. You know that it’s not everyone who ultimately gets to their expected destinations in life but through the grace and mercy of Jehovah, you will get there (Gen.12v1-3).
– To excel in all that is desirable and good.
– To become all that you were meant to be. It is growing up to your Potential or ability (Jer.1v5-6).
– To accomplish your dreams and purpose in life.
– To flourish, prosper, thrive, or to do well (Ps.92v12).
These are just some of the various dimensions of what succeeding is all about. These are expressions you need to look out for in your life too as you begin to succeed in whatever you do. I am fully persuaded that this is going to be your testimony as you work towards applying these powerful principles in your life.
Other Scriptural References: (Ps.1v1-3; Jos.1v7; 1Sam.18v5, 14; Deut.29v9; Gen.30v30).
Prayer for Today: Thank you Father for opening my eyes to these truths about my success in life and ministry in Jesus name, amen.
CONFESSION: Success is my heritage and portion. I have the capacity to prosper in whatever I do. As I walk in his instructions and directives, my success shall be evident for all to see. Glory be to his Holy name because the Grace to succeed at whatever I do is at work in me. Hallelujah for this is my testimony!
Yemi Adeoti is a pastor, teacher, life coach and mentor & also a prolific writer.