2Ki.6v25: And there was a great famine in Samaria; and indeed they besieged it until a donkey’s head was sold for eighty shekels of silver and one-fourth of a kab of dove droppings for five shekels of silver.
7v1, 16: Then Elisha said, “Hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord; ‘Tomorrow about this time a seah of fine flour shall be sold for a shekel, and two seahs of barley for a shekel, at the gate of Samaria”. Then the people went out and plundered the tents of the Syrians. So a seah of fine flour was sold for a shekel, and two seahs of barley for a shekel, according to the word of the Lord.
There are ways of prospering in a time of crisis and this will be the focus of our discussion for some time now. No doubt that we are living in challenging times but God’s wisdom is available to you to navigate through this season. Dearly beloved, I want you to know that God always has a contingency plan for every crisis; so, he is never caught unaware. This is why I know beyond all shadow of a doubt that the Lord will prosper you in this season.
WAYS OF PROSPERING IN A TIME OF CRISIS:
- Be mindful of who and what you listen to. This is a major secret of prospering in a time of crisis that you need to pay attention to. Who and what you listen to matters a lot for it will determine whether you will succeed or fail or be promoted or demoted. Who has your ears or what is influencing you? Is it God or what the experts are saying? It’s a pity in (2Ki.7v1-2) that the king trusted and decided to be more mindful of what he could see instead of what God was saying. I want you to know that experts don’t always have the final say because they are limited. My dear reader, you need to choose or challenge or even change what you hear if you really want to prosper in a time of crisis (Mk.4v24). As a matter of fact, you need to:
* Stop listening to the wrong information (Ps.112v7).
* Stop listening to the wrong people (Gen.26v1-2)
* Stop listening to the wrong voices i.e. voice of doubt, despair or discouragement etc. (Ps.42v5).
But instead, you need to:
- Start listening to the right information i.e. things that will build your faith and not put fears in you (Rom.10v17)
- Start listening to the right people i.e. helpers of destiny like Joseph (Gen.41v37-39).
Dear friends, it’s time for you to be resolute and strong in who and what you listen to because it has the potential to either make or mar your destiny. Begin to choose who and what you listen to carefully so that you can prosper exceedingly in a time of crisis. Will you start doing so from today?
Other Scriptural References: (Lk.8v18; 2Ki.8v1-2; Matt.11v15; 1Sam.30v6; 1Cor.6v12; Acts 27v10-11).
Prayer for Today: Lord help me to choose carefully, challenge accordingly and change appropriately the things I am exposed to so that I can prosper in this season in Jesus name, amen.
CONFESSION: I choose to be mindful of who and what I listen to. I choose who and what I give my attention to carefully and wisely. I choose to feed my faith and starve my fears. I chose to empower my faith and weaken my fears. As I build my faith, my strength and life is renewed day by day. I am built up in power and glory as I listen to the right kind of information and people. Glory be to God, for I am empowered to prosper in this season.