Gen.12v1-4: The Lord has said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you, I will curse and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you”. So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran.
The enemy of better is good, this is why you must not settle for the comfort zone of life. There is a greater and better life outside the comfort zone. This is why I have been sharing with you how to come out of the comfort zone. So far, we have looked at 4 powerful principles that can bring us out of the comfort zone. My focus in today’s lesson will be on sharing 3 more powerful keys that can bring you out of this zone.
PRINCIPLES FOR COMING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE:
- Follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Yes, following the directives of the Holy Spirit is crucial to getting out of your comfort zone. Do you easily follow the dictates/directives of the Holy Spirit? Do not forget that the Holy Spirit knows more than you and at times he will lead you along the lines that you are not familiar with. What is most important is to follow his lead. Like Father Abraham did in Gen.12v1-4 or as Isaac did in Gen.26v1-6, 12-16. My dearly beloved, I want you to know that the Holy Spirit knows what you need to do, where you need to go, and the instruction that will take you outside your comfort zone! So make up your mind to obey him at all times.
- Stay humble. It’s one thing to be humble but it’s another thing to remain humble. Staying humble will get you out of the comfort zone because humility will always keep you in check, helping you to know that you have not arrived and that you need God every blessed day! So stay humble or you might stumble! Humility will help you to keep rising and to also make greater progress. My dear reader, always show your dependency on God so that he can continually promote and elevate you (Jam.4v6, 10). Those who think they have arrived, never get out of the comfort zone but the humble are ever breaking new grounds and territories. May this be your own testimony too in Jesus name, amen.
- Stay hungry. People who live in the comfort zone of life have lost their hunger and appetite. They are cold and indifferent. Hence, the reason they are stuck in their comfort zone. But glory be to God, there is a way out; which is, to never lose your hunger for more. For there is more in God (Jn.10v10; Lk.6v21). So, how can you stay hungry? You can sustain your hunger for more by:
- Being dissatisfied with the satisfaction that has to be satisfied again and again. This will help you to stay hungry at whatever level you may be (Phil.3v13-14).
- Keep your visions/dreams before you. Never lose sight of them because they are the vehicles of sustaining your hunger.
- Keep your eyes on Jesus. There is always more in God and as you keep your eyes on him, you will never lose your hunger (Ps.34v5).
Dearly beloved, I welcome you to a new order of life. I believe that your story will change for the better as you begin to enforce these principles in getting out of your comfort zone. I see you making greater impact and progress in your life and God’s name being glorified through you.
Other Scriptural References: (Ps.107v9; Matt.5v6; 1Pet.5v6; Lk.18v14; 2Chro.26v5, 15; Pro.6v18: 18v12).
Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, my heart’s desire is to live life to the fullest like you desired and planned for me. Therefore, I say no to mediocrity and average life in Jesus name, amen.
CONFESSION: I break out of the comfort zone of life. I am not a settler but a pioneer. I am not a conformist but a trailblazer. I refuse to settle for lesser since there is more in God. I break out of every limitation, tradition, and opinion of men. Therefore, I am moving from glory to glory and my path is like a shining light that shines brighter and brighter every day.