Pro.14 v 1: “The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish pulls it down with her hands.”
Almost everyone desires a blissful marriage but not everyone is ready to make it happen. The essence of this series of lessons is to share with you the materials that can help anyone to raise a stronger family. It’s clear from (Pro.14v1) that you have a part to play in this matter. I have shared 2 out of the 12 materials needed for a successful marriage. Today, by His grace, I will be sharing the third material with you. So off we go!
Materials for building stronger marriages:
3. Committing yourself to your marriage. It takes commitment to build a strong marriage and the greater the commitment, the stronger your marriage while the weaker the commitment, the weaker the marriage. This is how it works. Are you committed to your marriage and spouse? Only you can answer this question! The thing about commitment is that it can’t be hidden. If you are truly committed, it will show in your actions, conduct, and attitude (Ruth 1v16-18).
My dear reader, it’s time to increase your commitment to your spouse and marriage, if you really want a stronger and happier marriage. In what ways can someone strengthen their commitment to their marriage? You can do so by:
- Spending more time with your spouse and children.
- Investing heavily in your marriage.
- Playing your roles very well as a husband or wife.
- Sticking together through thick or thin.
- Sacrificing for the good of your family.
- Fighting for or defending your marriage (1Cor.16v13).
These are just some of the things that can strengthen your commitment to your spouse. Can you think of any other thing? Are you willing to commit yourself anew to your marriage? Are you ready to make it work? I believe your answer is a yes. So, rise up and take off the lid on your commitment. Take off every limitation. I can see everything turning around for you in Jesus name, amen.
Other Scriptural References: (Jn. 6 v 66-68; Gen. 2 v 24; Lk. 9 v 62).
Prayer for Today: Precious Holy Spirit, I commit myself afresh to my spouse and family. Please help me to keep this pledge in Jesus name, amen.
CONFESSION: I am sold out to my marriage and I am willing to do everything within my power to make it work. I am ready to play my part and role. I am ready to go all the way. I am ready to stick to my spouse come rain, come shine. I will not abandon my spouse or family. I will remain faithful and loyal to the end. This is my prayer and vow in Jesus name, amen.