DARE TO DREAM CHRISTIAN CENTRE, IBADAN
WORKER’S TRAINING MANUAL
WORKER’S ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
THE PORTRAIT OF A DDCC WORKER II (1Cor.16v10:1Tim.4v12)
Last week we started our discussion on the Portrait of a Dare to Dream Christian Centre Worker. We have established what a Portrait is and we have also looked at some of the descriptions of a Worker in this commission. Today by his grace, we intend to go further by looking at more of those qualities (1Cor.16v10: Rom.16v21: Philip.2v19-22).
A. THE PORTRAIT OF A DDCC WORKER
Below are some of the Qualities we need to possess as a Worker in this house:
8. Should be an Ardent Soul Winner. We have been called to be a Messenger of his Love. A worker in this house is expected to be committed to winning the Lost at any cost (2Cor.5v18-20: Mk.16v15,20: Matt.28v18). Winning Souls is a sign of Fruitfulness (Pro.11v30: Lk.14v16-24: Acts9v19-20, 22, 27, 29).
9. Should be Result-Oriented/Minded. We believe in results and are focused on getting it. Results are the evidence/Proofs of your Christianity (Mk.16v15, 20: Acts4v33: 1v8: 2v43: 5v12:6v8). A Worker in this Commission should be Fruitful (Jn.15v2, 5, 8, 16).
10. Should be Liberal/Generous. A Worker in this house ought to be a Giver. Giving is one of the major proofs of your Love for God/his house (Jn.3v16). Serving God implies also serving him with our Substance/Resources (Acts2v45: 4v34-37: 2Cor.12v15: Lk7v5: Acts20v35: Lk8v1-3: 1Chro.29v1-5).
11. Should be Caring/Loving. A Worker in DDCC should have a genuine love for people. You can’t serve effectively if you don’t Love/Care for people. Service is about meeting Needs (Rom.12v9: Acts2v44-45: 6v1-7: 9v36-43: 2Cor.8v1-4).
Those who Care/Love others:
• Show interest in their welfare/progress (Phil.2v19-21).
• Are other people minded. They are not selfish/self-centered (Matt.20v26-28).
• Add value to them (Matt.4v19: Acts4v13).
• Don’t take advantage of or use them (Phil.2v4).
12. Should be Daring/Courageous. You can’t achieve anything meaningful without courage. It’s good to have conviction but you need to act on your convictions (Jos.1v6, 7, 9: Deut.31v7, 8: 2Tim.1v7: Rom.8v15).
A DDCC Worker should be:
• Willing to take risks/sacrifice (Acts15v26: 2Cor.12v15: 11v23-28).
• Willing to confront your Fears/Giant (Num.13v30: 1Sam.17v32-37: Jos.14v10-15).
• Willing to take new territories/Frontiers (Phil.4v13: Gen.13v14-15).
13. Should be Innovative/Creative. A DDCC worker ought to be a Pacesetter. We should do old things in new ways and seek to improve on whatsoever we are doing. The only constant thing is change (Isa.43v18-19: Isa.55v8-9). We must be open to change. The Message does not change but the method is bound to change (1Cor.9v16-23: Exo.31v1- 5).
14. Should be Outstanding in our Service/Ways. We ought to serve with a Difference. Excellence should be our Watchword in Service (Pro.31v29: Dan.6v3:1v20). A DDCC Worker should strive to the Best in whatsoever you do (Ps.33v3: 1Sam.16v17-18: 1Ki.7v13-14). To be an outstanding Worker, you must be willing to Learn/Acquire relevant skills/training (Acts18v24-28).