DARE TO DREAM CHRISTIAN CENTRE, IBADAN
WORKER’S TRAINING MANUAL
WORKER’S ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
THE ATTRIBUTES OF A TRUE WORKER (2Cor.6v1: Col.4v11).
How can you recognize a true or genuine Worker? You can recognize a true Worker by the kind of fruits he/she bears (Matt.7v16, 20). A true Worker has certain Qualities/Characteristics and that is what will form the basis of our Discussion Today (2Cor.11v13: Col.4v11).
ATTRIBUTES OF A TRUE WORKER
A true Worker should have the following Qualities:
1. Diligence. A true Worker is Diligent. They are not Lazy but do their Assignment when they ought to do it. They don’t leave their work unattended to or undone (Pro.12v24: 1Cor.15v10: Acts15v40-41: 1Cor.4v12: Col1v29: Gal4v19: 1The.3v10: 2v9).
2. Promptness. A true Worker is Punctual. They are not latecomers. They work with a sense of Alacrity and Timeliness (1Sam.21v8: Rom.12v11: Eph.5v16: Matt.21v28-31: Gen.22v1-3). They don’t dilly-dally nor procrastinate their Work (Gen.39v11).
3. Faithfulness. A true Worker is Faithful. They are Dependable/Reliable. You can count on them to get the Work done (1Cor.4v2: Eph.6v21: Col.4v7, 9: Neh.7v2: Acts15v36-39: 2Tim.4v11: Matt.25v21,23: Lk.12v42: 2Tim.2v2: Jn.6v66).
4. Teachability. A true Worker is Teachable. They are willing to Learn, unlearn or relearn. They are willing to take correction in order to serve better (Pro.29v1: Acts18v24-28: Matt.4v19: Phil.4v9: Lk.10v38-42).
5. Humility. A true Worker is Humble. They are submissive and not domineering in nature. They are not proud or arrogant (Pro.16v18: 18v12: 11v2: 1Pet.4v6: Jam.4v6: Phil.2v5, 9- 11: Isa.42v1-3: 1Cor.8v2).
6. Truthful. A true Worker is Sincere and Forthright. They do not lie neither are they deceitful (Col.3v9: Pro12v17, 19, 22: 2Cor.11v13). They speak the truth always (Eph.4v14: Acts24v16: 2Cor.4v1-2).
7. Accountability. A true Worker is Accountable to God/Man. They don’t just live anyhow (Rom.14v12: 2Cor.8v21: Matt.25v14, 19: Lk.16v1-8: 1Cor.6v19-20). They are not afraid of rendering their stewardship.
8. Committed. A true Worker is committed to God and the Work. They are sold out to God’s purposes and he’s Kingdom. They are Passionate about the Kingdom (1Cor.15v58: 2Cor.12v15: 1Cor.15v10).
9. Selfless. A true Worker is not seeking their own Glory or personal interests. Their quest is God’s glory/his kingdom (1Cor.10v24: Rom.15v1-2: Phil.2v4: Gal.1v10: 1Cor.15v31). A true Worker is not living for themselves.
10. Persistent. A true Worker never gives up. They persevere to the end. They are relentless in their pursuits of the Kingdom (Matt.10v22: Heb.10v35: 6v12, 15: Jam.5v7: 1v12: 1Pet.1v6-7).
11. Sociable. A true Worker is someone who is able to interact/relate with all kinds of people. How well do you relate with others? (2Cor.6v11-13: 1Cor.9v19-23: Jn.4v27).
12. God Fearing. A true Worker fears the Lord indeed. They are not men pleasers but God pleasers (Exo.18v21: Acts6v3: Neh.7v2: Eccle.12v13).