DARE TO DREAM CHRISTIAN CENTRE, IBADAN
WORKER’S TRAINING MANUAL
WORKER’S ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
RENDERING THE RIGHT KIND OF SERVICE AS A WORKER 1 (Rom.12v11: 1Cor.14v40)
As a Worker/Volunteer in the house, we are involved in serving in one capacity or the other. (i.e. Ministry is about rendering services or meeting needs). While it is commendable that we are serving, however how we serve is very important to God. Our service should not be anyhow but in the right manner (1Cor.14v40: Jer.48v10: 1Chro.15v13: Lev.10v1-3). Our focus in this training is to look at the ways we ought to render our Services.
A. HOW WE OUGHT TO SERVE GOD
Our services should be based on the following criteria:
1. Efficient Service. This kind of service is based on doing things right or in the right manner. Your service should be right in God’s eyes and not just in your own eyes. Pro.3v7: Rom.12v16. There are ways in which God expects you to serve (1Chro.15v13, 15: Lev.10v1-3: Exo.25v9, 40: 2Ki.14v3: Pro.16v2: 21v2).
In what ways can we serve in the right manner? i.e.
– Serving with the right motives (Matt.20v26-28).
– Putting God first in your service (Matt.6v33).
– Being timely/prompt in your service (Rom.12v11) etc.
2. Effective Service. This kind of service is based on doing the right things and doing the right things will give birth to results/tangible proofs (Jn.5v2, 4-5, 8). True service is based on Evidence/Results e.g. Barnabas-(Acts11v24: Paul-Acts14v3: 19v11-12): The Apostles- (Mk16v20: Acts6v7, 16v5).
How can you do the right things in Service? i.e.
– By following the Principles/ Laws of God (Deut.4v5-6: 29v9: Jos.1v8).
– By following the ways/methods of God (Matt.6v33: Ps.103v7: Isa.55v8-9: Ps.25v4-5, 12, 14).
– By following the directives/Instruction of the Lord (Jn.2v5: Acts5v29: Job 36v11-12).
– By following the Godly examples of those who have produced results and glorified God (Rom.15v4) etc.
3. Exceptional Service. This kind of service is based on serving with a Difference i.e. like no other person. It’s a peculiar, unique, and uncommon way of service e.g. Timothy- (Phil.2v19-22), Epaphroditus-(Phil.2v25-30): Priscilla/Aquila-(Rom.16v3-4: Jehu-2Ki.9v20).
In what ways can your service be Exceptional?
– Serve where you are strongest i.e. Serve in your areas of strengths/gifting’s (1Cor.7v20, 24: Pro.25v14: Rom.11v29: Eph.4v7: 1Pet.4v10-11).
– Focus on the things that you do very well (1Cor.1v4-7: 2Cor.10v12-14).
– Staff your Weaknesses i.e. Delegate/Empower others (Exo.18v13-27).
– Do what others are not doing. Carve out a niche for yourself in Service (Lk.3v21-22: Jn.20v1-18) etc.
4. Extravagant Service. This kind of service is based on going to a great extent in rendering it i.e. A sacrificial form of Service (2Cor.12v15: Phil.2v17: Acts15v26: Jn.15v13: 1Chro.22v5).
In what ways can your Service be Extravagant?
– Be willing to put in a lot of Effort, Preparation/Dedication to your Service (Eccle.9v11: 1Chro.22v1-5,14: 29v1-9).
– Persevere in your Service. Don’t be a Quitter. Show up every day (Col.1v29: 1Thes.2v9).
– Be willing to sacrifice more. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the service and vice versa (1Cor.15v10, 31: Matt.19v27-29) etc.