DARE TO DREAM CHRISTIAN CENTRE, IBADAN
WORKER’S TRAINING MANUAL
UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT OF A CHURCH WORKER
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CHURCH WORKER (1 Cor.16v10)
As a Church Worker, you have certain roles/Responsibilities to perform. This is the essence of this Lesson. We shall be looking at the General Responsibilities of every Church Worker in this Lesson before we look at the Specific Roles/Responsibilities (1The.3v2; Philp.2v19-23; Rom.16v21).
A. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CHURCH WORKER
Below are some of the general duties/functions of a Worker:
1. To work in partnership with the Leadership of the church in actualizing the vision, goals/objectives of the church through my contributions, efforts, suggestions etc.
2. To render qualitative service(s) to the best of my abilities/strength (Eccle.9v10;
3. To work towards the maintenance of the church building, facilities and surroundings thereby facilitating an Atmosphere congenial to worship.
4. To pray personally and collectively for the progress of the Commission and local church i.e. Spiritually, Numerically, Financially etc. Your prayers should also cover the plans/programmes of the church, Lead Pastors/Ministers/Leaders/Workers and all members of the church (Col.4v12; Rom.15v30).
5. To contribute actively towards the projects of the church, in terms of its expansion/maintenance and its other Kingdom Initiatives i.e. planting churches,
outreaches etc. (Phil.4v15-19; Lk.8v2-3).
6. To be generous towards her Ministers/their families (Gal.6v6; 1Cor.9v11).
7. To be an Ardent Soul Winner and a Passionate Witness for Jesus Christ. As a Worker, I should be involved in sharing my faith with other people, tract distribution, regular invitation of others to our Services, be at the Aggressive Evangelism Campaign and other evangelistic efforts (Lk.9v1, 6; Mk.6v7,12).
8. To work in partnership with other Workers or fulfill the mandate, vision, goals and purpose of the church.
9. To use my gifts, talents/skills/resources to add value to the church to the best of my ability (Mk.14v3-7).
10. To defend/protect the good name of the church/her leadership.
11. To be my brother’s keepers. To care and be interested in the welfare/well-being of your fellow worker (Acts 15v36).
12. To maintain an absolute sense of confidentiality about information/details about the church/members/workers or private matters as much as possible. You are not supposed to be a gossip or rumour monger.
13. Keep Leadership informed about incidences/actions of members/workers that can be inimical or injurious to the church.
14. To honor the day and time that you are scheduled to minister as a worker.
15. To be punctual and committed towards all the meetings/programmes of your
16. To abide by the rules/regulations guiding the operation of your Respective
Teams/Ministries (Acts 16v4-5).
17. To represent well and promote the good name of the church wherever I go to
18. To love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength and to also love my fellow workers/members (Matt.22v37-40).
19. To be punctual/regular at all the services/programmes/events. In cases where this will be a challenge, proper permission should be obtained from Leadership.
20. To contribute actively and positively to the growth/progress of the church by every possible means (Acts 11v24: 6v7).
21. To assist and endeavor in helping new converts/members to settle down well in the church i.e. become fully integrated/assimilated into the body Life of the church through Visitation/follow-up, reaching out for them etc. (Acts 9v22-28).
22. To share and help in carrying the burden/Responsibility of Leadership. As a worker, you are supposed to be a helping hand to your Leader (Num.11v17; Rom.16v3).
23. To attract and enlist more people to be involved in God’s work. It’s our job to get more people involved with the Kings Business (Matt.9v38: 4v18-22; Acts 16v1-3).
24. To be punctual/regular at your duty post/Assignment (1Sam.21v8; Rom.12v11).
25. To be faithful/loyal to my church/Leadership (1Cor.4v2; Pro.28v20). To stand together with Leadership (1Sam.22v14: 29v3) and not to rebel or stand against Leadership.
26. To work/serve in the areas where I can make the greatest impact/contribution. Do the things you have capacity for (1Cor.7v20, 9).